Party Favorite | BBQ Chicken Kebabs
Summer is here and so is outdoor party season. Cookouts are mainly a success with delicious tasting food. There is nothing more loved at a outdoor Bar-b-que than...bar-b-que. We found an easy food favorite from Fabulously Frugal that is perfect for any outdoor gathering.
BBQ Chicken Kebabs
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2-3 slices raw bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
2. Turn on grill to high, close lid, and heat for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, pat the chicken dry with paper towels. In a large bag, combine the paprika and sugar. Place the raw bacon in a food processor and pulse for about 30-45 seconds, until a smooth paste forms. Add the bacon paste into the bag. Place the chicken inside of the bag with the mixture. Shake the bag until the ingredients are blended and chicken is coated. Thread the coated chicken cubes onto the skewers.
4. Grill the chicken Skewers over the burner with lid closed, turning one-quarter of a turn every 2 minutes, until browned and slightly charred (about 8 minutes total for chicken breast and 10 minutes for thighs). Do not remove Kebabs from grill. Brush the top of kebabs with BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Rays is a favorite in our house); flip and cook until sauce is browned in spots, about 1 minute. Brush second side with sauce; flip and cook for another minute or so, until cooked through.
5. Remove kebabs from grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve, passing remaining BBQ sauce separately.